How to share a video to the Feed (desktop)
Sharing a video in the Feed is the same as attaching any other file to a post!
In this article, we will show you how to:
- Share a video in a Feed Post
- Schedule a video Post
- Share multiple videos in one Post
For more information on how to share videos to the Feed using Blink on your mobile, click here.
Share a video in a Feed post
1. Start creating a new Feed post!
For more information on how to create a post, click here.
- Choose who the post is From: - i.e. you or an alias (if you have one set up)
- Choose who the post is going To: - which Team/s or individuals
- Add and introduction and some text to your post
- Choose the Post type - for more information on post types, click here
- Make sure your Post Settings are set to what you need them to be (cog wheel in the bottom left-hand corner) - post settings are explained in more detail here
2. To add a video to your Feed post, just click on the attachment icon and select which video you'd like to upload
In this example we're uploading a .mp4 file, but you can upload ANY commonly used video format!
3. You can now play the video to make sure it's the one you want to send BEFORE posting - here you can see the video controls and the option to view in full screen mode
4. Once you're happy and you video post is ready, click Post!
5. Your video now needs to upload to the Feed
If you're uploading a large video to the Feed, it will take a little bit of time for it to load
You can use Blink as normal whilst the video is loading!
6. When your video has successfully uploaded, you will receive a notification saying 'Your feed post is ready'
7. You and the audience you posted this to can now preview and watch the video from within Blink!
Schedule a video Post
Just like any other post on Blink, you can schedule it to be sent at a later date and time.
1. When creating your post, click on the post settings
2. Select Schedule this post
3. Choose the date and time you'd like this post to be shared
4. Click Schedule
5. Double check your post is ready and the scheduled date and time is correct
6. Then click Post!
7. A pop-up will appear showing your upcoming post is uploading
If you need to remind yourself what posts you have upcoming you can always check by clicking My upcoming posts in your Feed Setup menu
Share multiple videos in one Post
You can share multiple attachments in a Feed post - you can attach unlimited images and up to 3 files!
1. Click on the attachment icon and select the videos you'd like to share
Remember, by clicking the three vertical dots (burger menu) in the top right-hand corner of each attachment, you can Make cover (first video) or Remove - you can also add more attachments!
2. Once you've shared your post, it will need to upload
3. When the upload has been successful, you will receive a notification saying 'Your feed post is ready' and it will be shared to the Feed
4. You and the audience you posted this to can now preview and watch the videos from within Blink!
You can click forward and back between the video attachments to view them all!