The Blink Todoist app will generate updates into a conversation whenever an action is taken in Todoist.
It works using webhooks (what is a webhook?)
Getting Todoist set up is therefore very straightforward. You invite the Blink Todoist app to a conversation on Blink, ask it to generate you a webhook url, and then supply that to your Todoist app.
Get your webhook
Open a conversation with the Blink Todoist app. If the app is not in your contacts, head over into your Blink Launchpad and add it to your collection. Then open a conversation with it, or add it to one of your group chats.
When you start a new conversation with the app it will display a help card from which you can generate a webhook URL for that conversation. Press the button to do that, then copy it to your clipboard.
TIP if you need to re-generate that card for any reason, just say @todoist help and it will show you how.
Give the URL to Todoist
Head over to developer.todoist.com and log in.
1. Select Manage App from the navigation bar at the top.
2. Create a new app by selecting the Create a new app button
3. Give your app a name and a service url and click the Create app button
4. Switch to Blink and generate a webhook url by pressing the Generate Webhook button that is provided by the help card
5. Switch back to Todoist and
- Scroll to the "Test Token" section and generate a test token. Although you don't need to use this token, Todist will not call the Webhook you configure in the next step, unless you generate a test token.
- Scroll down to the Webhooks section,
- Add the webhook url generated by the Todoist app,
- Select the Todoist events you would like to watch
- Click the Activate webhooks button.
- Once you have done this scroll back up to.
Note: The Todoist app will only send the above events to Blink. You should now start receiving notifications in Blink for any of the Todoist events that are triggered.