Why are channels useful?
Channels inherit their membership list from their parent team, so you may leave and rejoin Channels at any time as long as you remain a member of the Team.
This is cool for a few reasons.
- Leaving a channel is very visible, so it's clear who is involved and who isn't.
- Left Channels disappear from your inbox and don't generate notifications. No-one can mention you.
- You can still read what's happening in the Channels you've left. So you can stay informed without being involved.
- Search still returns results from Channels you have left.
- You may rejoin a channel at any time.
Your Channels can be found underneath each of your Teams on the Teams tab in the navigation bar.