A Team allows several users to share access to the same set of chats and Feed items.
You create Teams in the Directory, just click on the Teams tab.
The Teams you have on Blink should mirror the Teams in your work life. Start by creating one for your immediate colleagues and then one for each of the projects you're involved with.
Why Teams are useful
- Join a Team and get access to all the Channels in it straight away - great for onboarding.
- Leave and rejoin the Channels when you like - great for focus.
- Remove someone from a Team to revoke their access - great for security.
- Add customers, partners and third parties to any Team - great for collaboration.
As a presenter at a fictional TV Production Company, I'm likely to have a few Teams. Each one with multiple Channels for working with my colleagues.
In the screenshot below you can see my three teams.
- TV Pitches is for discussing ideas we have for new shows
- Linton Travel Tavern is where we go to brainstorm ideas and includes some of the staff from the facility
- Toberlone Appreciation Group is a private group for after work
In the scenario above, anyone in Finance Team who wasn't interested in the Monthly Drinks Channel, could simply leave it whilst still being able to contribute to the Payroll and Live Issues Channels. If they decided to rejoin Monthly Drinks later on, they can do that with one click.
Just like Private Chats, you may add anyone to a Team. Third-parties, customers and partners are all valid members. You're not limited to people inside your organisation.