The first thing you will need to do is connect your Blink Account with Zapier. Zapier will prompt you to connect your account during the creation of a Zap.
Once you click 'Connect a New Account' you will be asked to grant Zapier permission to access Blink using your account.
Select 'Yes' and continue creating your Zap.
Currently our Blink Integration has one Zapier Action available - Post Action. This action will let you:
- Select a chat to post a message to (this is currently restricted to group chat's you are a member of)
- Name the bot that is posting the message
- Create and format a custom message to be posted into the chat
The following is a list of steps required to create a bot that notifies you of upcoming Google Calendar meetings 10 minutes before they start:
1. Create a Google Calendar Trigger that is triggered whenever an event is about to start. (In this case we are setting the trigger to run 10 minutes before the event starts)
2. Define a Blink Post Action that posts event details to a Blink chat as a formatted message.
Voila! The next time your zap is triggered you will receive a message similar to the one below in your Blink chat. No excuses now! No reason to be late for your meetings 😉