At the top of your inbox you will find a section titled 'important'. The aim of this section is to separate out messages that are potentially important to you. Leading indicators that are used to determine this are (in no particular order):
- If you have been mentioned
- If the chat is a direct (private) chat, between you and one other person
- If you have favourited the chat
- If you have notifications for that chat set to 'everything'
- How often you participate in that chat
- How close you are to the person talking in that conversation (based on what we call 'relationship strength' that is calculated with each of your contacts)
Over time we'll work to make this more accurate and more intelligent.
Note: At present if you have notifications set to 'everything' you will see a lot of 'important' chats. Please set notifications to 'mentions and directs only', then use chat sidebar settings to turn-on notifications only for chats that are important to you. This will improve the accuracy of 'important'.